Who we are:
Avondata is a pioneer in hotel management software. We offer hotels effective solutions for every aspect of their business, based on real experience and backed by genuine personal service.
What you’ll do:
Our full-stack Software Engineers collaborate to create lean, great software. You will use modern technology stacks to craft beautiful, real-time user experiences. These changes are tracked with Kanban, and our codified, cloud-based tools automate their deployment and testing to production.Our full-stack Software Engineers collaborate to create lean, great software. You will use modern technology stacks to craft beautiful, real-time user experiences. These changes
are tracked with Kanban, and our codified, cloud-based tools automate their deployment and testing to production. Our team, development guide and hack days will help you develop the skills needed to continually contribute meaningful, tested improvements to our clients.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Take responsibility for architectural and engineering decisions of products, considering quality and performance.
- Champion engineering values and principles, and promote scalable, sustainable, solutions balanced with product requirements.
- Coordinate and assume responsibility for the response to critical issues affecting your team and its products.
- Anticipate problems and allow time for dealing with them. Work hard to resolve problems that threaten to derail deadlines.
- Understand the importance and impact of product work within the overall business scope.
- Independently solve problems to avoid adverse impact on business goals.
- Take ownership of planning, collaboration, managing expectations and the implementation of tasks and goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally, a university degree in a subject relating to Computing. Self-taught candidates with a good online record of learning are very welcome.
- An interest of learning outside of work, such as personal Github repositories, HackerRank challenges, and CodePen examples.
- Single-page web app development experience, ideally with React.
- API creation and maintenance, ideally with GraphQL.
- Knowledge of SQL database development, preferably using PostgreSQL and an ORM such as TypeORM.
- Familiarity with source control, preferably Git.
- An understanding of test automation, ideally using Jest, Cypress and Postman.
- An appreciation of cloud providers and Infrastructure as Code, preferably AWS, Docker and Terraform, but any experience with other cloud services, such as Github, Travis and Netlify, would be beneficial.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Home working
- Hack days
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org