Who we are:
Avondata has been a pioneer in hotel management software for more than 30 years. We offer hotels effective solutions for every aspect of their business, based on real experience and backed by genuine personal service.
What you’ll do:
Our full-stack Software Engineers collaborate to create lean, great software. You will use modern technology stacks to craft beautiful, real-time user experiences. These changes are tracked with Kanban, and our codified, cloud-based tools automate their deployment and testing to production.
What we’re looking for:
- Ideally, a university degree in a subject relating to Computing. Self-taught candidates with a good online record of learning are very welcome.
- An interest of learning outside of work, such as personal Github repositories, HackerRank challenges, and CodePen examples.
- Single-page web app development experience, ideally with React.
- API creation and maintenance, ideally with GraphQL.
- Knowledge of SQL database development, preferably using PostgreSQL and an ORM such as TypeORM.
- Familiarity with source control, preferably Git.
- An understanding of test automation, ideally using Jest, Cypress and Postman.
- An appreciation of cloud providers and Infrastructure as Code, preferably AWS, Docker and Terraform, but any experience with other cloud services, such as Github, Travis and Netlify, would be beneficial.
As Lead Software Engineer, you’ll be required to:
- Demonstrate solid, product-specific business knowledge.
- Proactively communicate with project stakeholders.
- Initiate appropriate technical and operational discussions.
- Consistently be a proactive resource for others.
- Encourage and assist others in reaching their potential.
- Demonstrate consistent success with large-scale change.
- Proactively contribute to product direction.
- Routinely contribute in a technical design capacity.
- Participate in reinvesting in the health of the company.
- Salary £50K – £60K
- Health insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Home working
- Hack days
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org