A massive 54 per cent of all credit card breaches and fraudulent activity worldwide occurs within the accommodations and food & beverage industry, according to Verizon Enterprises.
Most hotels need to take guests’ credit card details as a method of guaranteeing room reservations.
However, storing this data on site leaves you wide open to security breaches which can have a catastrophic effect on your business.
All merchants need to be PCI compliant – the payment card industry data security standard – and storing credit card details on your own network makes this almost impossible to achieve.
At Avon Data, we understand the growing demands on hotels to achieve PCI compliance so have launched HE-Secure Plus, a new payment module to take away the burden of handling sensitive data.
HE-Secure has been developed in partnership with WorldPay and TokenEx, both industry leaders in PCI-Compliance, and provides:
- A secure form embedded in the Hotel Executive reservation screen for manual input of card details taken over the phone.
- Off-site secure card storage by Level 1 PCI DSS certified payment service provider, WorldPay.
- Charging of late cancellation or no-show fees directly from within the reservation screen.
We are working on further improvements which will be available early next year, including:
- The secure receipt of credit card details into Hotel Executive from third party sales channels – there will be no need to log into the online travel agent (OTA) or channel manager to retrieve card details.
- Hotel Executive will automatically take deposit payments for direct and online bookings.
- Process full payment automatically for advance purchase rates.
- Automatic deposit refunds will be processed based on your cancellation policy.
All this will save your staff time and ensure your business is better protected than ever.
To find out more about how to safeguard your business with HE-Secure Plus, please get in touch!